MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

AA/JMS - Event, Part 2 - "Forgiven" Necklace

Forgiven Necklace
SOLD
This necklace will be for sale at the upcoming AA/JMS event in Minneapolis starting October 13-17th.  I am working feverishly to restock my jewelry for this show, as the Junk Bonanza show just last month was fabulous for me, and than I proceeded to be sick for 10 days, in which very little was created.
At Junk Bonanza, my friend Amy, shared with me that she had picked up a few vintage optical lenses that she thought would be cool for me to maybe buy some to create jewelry with.  Little did Amy know, that I've looked for these optical lenses for years to do just that.  At one time I found some, purchased them online, and when they arrived they were shiny silver and reproductions.  I was very sad, and was not at all inspired to use them, so they are still in my unused stash.
Now these vintage style ones, are another story...
The first design I've come up with using them is a necklace I've labeled "Forgiven".  You see as a born again believer, forgiveness isn't something I take lightly.  Because of this, I have a line of religious necklaces where I incorporate touches that represent ones Christian Faith and beliefs.  This is another example of one such necklace.
I've taken the optical lense and hand wire wrapped it to create a sturdy bail and than linked it to the double stacked Miriam Haskell glass vintage grey pearls which are accented with a vintage rhinestone rondelle.  This in turn is hand wire-wrapped to a vintage red glass French rosary beaded chain as well as another area of Miriam Haskell pearls, the original Jesus religious medal, the original Made in France label and than have created a mix of charm dangles that draws attention to Jesus image. 
The combination of the "forgiven vintage text" on the optical lense, the blood red rosary beads, and the Jesus religious image makes this what I called the "forgiven" necklace.
Available at the AA/JMS event only...

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's wonderful! A dove with forgiven on it...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, this is so beautiful and meaningful! I saw all those lenses at JB too...way too cool :)
    Can't wait to see this and all your other lovelies at AAJMS! Blessings, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gretchen it's GORGEOUS & I LOVE it....I know it won't be with you long once the Show starts....!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you've wire wrapped the 'handle' of the lens. I've made some necklaces using the lenses and it's always a challenge to 'hide' that part. I like the magnifying lenses, I use them like reading glasses.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great piece, I'm always inspired by your designs.

    I'm having a linky party over on my blog this week. Would love it if you joined in.

    Margo

    http://robolady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen, Love your work... Very elegant and vintagy and such great elements combined to make something so meaningful! Very beautiful soul sister!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style