MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Cow Girl Necklace

Do you ever design something~
find it uninspiring~
than tweak it~
and than
 feel the love?
 The Cow Girl Necklace after the tweak...
notice the incredibly detailed vintage
tag and cowboy boot.
 The Cow Girl Necklace before the tweak...
the simple addition
of
something
as simple as
the palest of blue
silk
is what
it needed.

 details...
such as this token.
Bethlehem Steel Co.
Sparrow Pt.
BT #238
Full design before~
ok~
but not
great!
 After another tweak...
the addition
of
#37
tag.
detail... 
the added # tag.
The Cow Girl Necklace
SOLD
to a special lady.


So do tell...
do you
ever
tweak?



2 comments:

  1. I love shopping trips like that, and I am overdue for one, but I need to concentrate on Christmas shopping now.
    Really like your "cowgirl" necklace.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda! Little trips like these with a friend, can always be such an adventure and fun filled day! I don't get to shop often with a friend on treasure seeking antique shopping style trips, so this was a rare and fun memory for me. Joyce, the gal that took me to these shops, asked for first chance to see the piece I created the boots with, and she is buying it for herself. How fun!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style